Call (650) 373-1122
← Back to Practice Areas

Application for Certificate of Citizenship, N-600

The N-600 form, or Application for Certificate of Citizenship, is filed to gain a Certificate to prove your U.S. citizenship.

Who should file: 

  • 1. If you were born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent; or 
  • 2. You are requesting a Certificate of Citizenship because you automatically became a citizen of the United States after birth, but before you turned 18 years of age. (A parent or legal guardian can also file Form N-600 on behalf of a minor child.)
  • 3. Note: You may also consider filing for a U.S. passport at a U.S. passport office. This may prove the quickest way to prove citizenship.

Our office assisted many individuals to prove that they are indeed U.S. citizens. Call us for a consultation on this process.