Call (650) 373-1122
← Back to Practice Areas

Fiancé(e) Petition, I-129F 

Form I-129F is used to bring your fiancé(e) and their children (single and under 21) on a K-1 visa. This filing of this form I-129F is the first step towards a K-1 visa. You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for filing. A permanent resident (green card holder) cannot file or use this process. Both the U.S. citizen and his/her fiancée must be free to marry, meaning single. If married before, you must provide all divorce documents. Once a K-1 visa holder enters the U.S., the couple must get married within 90 days and file additional application referred to as adjustment of status application, I-485. The couple may also get married after 90 days in certain circumstances. Please note the law precludes the non-U.S. citizen fiancé(e) from obtaining a green card if they don’t marry as promised. Few exceptions apply such as domestic violence. Our offices have over 30 years of experience uniting loved ones in the United States.