Call (650) 373-1122
← Back to Practice Areas

Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings, Appeal N-336

Applicants can appeal their denied naturalization (N-400) by submitting a N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings. This allows the naturalization applicant to have a new USCIS officer re-determine (reverse or affirm) the denied N-400. Note: An applicant who has been denied naturalization does not lose his/her green card and will not necessarily be referred to immigration court unless the USCIS officer finds that they have committed a deportable offense. 

What if the N-336 appeal is denied?

It is still not over! A denied N-336 can be appealed for review to the Federal District Court. Our office can determine the appropriate course of action if your naturalization application was denied; we evaluate whether to appeal, refile, file a lawsuit in federal courts or determine if a green card holder is permanently barred from naturalization.